In pursuit of happ(I)ness

In pursuit of happ(I)ness
In pursuit of happ(I)ness

Sunday 6 February 2011

Just Give In?

                              You are where you are and can do what you can do

So just give in?Not on your life of course not! Like most of the best things in life this is so simple and straight forward. Shame it took me three weeks for the penny to drop. I guess better late than never.

I was 'walking' on just one leg with crutches following my op so as a consequence I also lost the use of my arms and hands; I couldn't carry anything I was making some toast and coffee one morning that finally did the trick and made me think differently.

To eat and drink these 2 simple things would have meant making a small coffee in a big cup, so it doesn't spill, and hopping from one leg to the sofa. Then back in the kitchen for the toast and hopping again on one leg to the sofa. It took a lot of effort that hop. Now I'm wasn't lazy just a little wobbly sometimes and didn't want to take any chances losing my balance and falling over unnecessarily. Also if I put my weight on the healing leg it would have been a disaster.

So, plan B. Get out the flask, make the toast, grab a mug and put it all in a plastic carrier bag. Take both crutches, as steady as can be, swing to the sofa. Take the mug out of the bag, open the flask, pour in the coffee and finally take out the toast. Job done.

Lesson - why make hard work and raise the risk when given a little thought there is often an alternative safer solution?

Pic for today-


Inspiring Thoughts,
Dilpreet

1 comment:

  1. hhmmmm... Quite intriguing, when did this happen?

    I think a decision is never late, it's taken at right time because before that person is not prepared to carry forward its outcome. So, my friend, Congrats for 'Job done' and 'Decision Taken' - Shavet

    ReplyDelete